We started with an adult camping trip about 4-5 hours north in Page Arizona with Eli's coworkers. It was clearly still pretty desert-like. It was still pretty hot during the day, but perfect at night. And when we packed up our tents, we found two scorpions under one of them, but luckily we didn't see any major critters before that!
We were right on Lake Powell
We hiked Antelope Canyon (amazing). This was the main reason we chose Page/Lake Powell. Carol, Sue and Ryan stayed with the girls back at home. It was a great trip, but unfortunately that parasite that I mentioned us catching at the water park in my July blog reared it's ugly head on me while camping. Fortunately (?) I only got super sick at night, so I was still able to make it through the hike and fun things during the day and the car ride home without having to pull over multiple times.
Here is our group before entering Lower Antelope Canyon (there is also an Upper one, but we didn't go in that one). Antelope Canyon was formed by erosion of Navajo Sandstone, mainly due to flash flooding especially during monsoon season. The rocks are very 'flowy'.
we took all these pictures with out iphone. The guide was awesome and showed us which settings to use, we felt like pros.
We were also next to Horseshoe Bend, another magnificent sight!
The big day came, Eva started Kindergarten!
She wants to be a unicorn or a doctor when she grows up, she loves to swim and play legos, she is most excited about riding the school bus.
| Look at those giant backpacks! |
And I had to get a shot of her first time getting off the bus (or maybe second time since she has a different outfit on).
We went out to eat and drove two cars, so we ambushed everyone else with water balloons when we got back from the restaurant.
We have a Daisy! Bring on the cookies!
Ella and I had one of our fabulous trips to Ulta while Eva had her first Daisy meeting!
We had our annual summer staycation for our anniversary. We stayed at the Princess again, and it was so much fun! Ella and I checked in early while Eva was at school and Eli still at work. She asked if this could be our new home :) She didn't even want to leave the room to explore the resort.
They had so much fun playing on our little patio and saying hi to the passersby.
I got them some fun sodas to drink, and these are their faces after taking a sip...hehe :)
a big room, sunshine, sand, pools, fireworks, what more could you ask for!? Oh, I know, waterslides!
we let Eva take the faster slide, so this was as good of a shot I could get of her!
We had so much fun, I love our anniversary staycation tradition!
And Ella's a preschooler! She also has Mrs. Linda as her teacher. Ella wants to be a butterfly when she grows up, she is most excited about playing on the playground, some of her favorites: food - string cheese and bananas, she loves swimming, puzzles and shopkins.
And you probably have heard that I am a career mom now. I work as the aid in Ella's preschool class. I love my job! Ella's teacher and I make a great team, and we have a wonderful class. We go from 8:30-1 on T, W, Th and it's just the ideal situation for us! I didn't make a board for my first day of school though.
I also had a birthday in here. I think I was sick if I recall. My beginning of school cold of course. And then August was over!




No comments:
Post a Comment