Sunday, July 31, 2016

July 2016



Eli decided to be the cool dad and spray the girls' hair pink.



We have a Lou Malnatis close by that just opened up. YUM! It tastes just like home :)




Eva had a super wiggly tooth, and after lots and lots of wiggles, she pulled it out! This was the bottom front/left tooth on July 2nd, and we knew the bottom front/right was right behind it.

The tooth fairy left a note!


The next day was July 3rd and we had our Arizona family over before we went to fireworks.


 We had lots of fun in the pool, and then Eli threw a towel which hit Eva in the face and bam, out came her second tooth! Eva shouted, "double money!".
 I love that toothless grin!

The kids did some poppers before we left for the fireworks.


There is a megachurch that has a huge 4th of July event, they had Zootopia playing in their 3 tiered amphitheater inside, which was great while we waited for the sun to set a bit, outside they had a bunch of blowup slides and bouncy houses which we didn't really get to enjoy since it was soo hot outside, but it became comfortable once the sun set so we could enjoy some great fireworks. Ella fell asleep in baby Mila's stroller.




Jinxy gets waaaayyy too much attention from Ella. She usually tolerates it, not that she has a choice, because Ella doesn't let her escape.


I broke out the Wii and the girls played old school nintendo (poorly). I really wanted to take over and show them how it's done, but I showed restraint.






Ella loves feeding Mila!





I can't even...

You can see Ella and Eva doing their gymnastics. This was one of their last classes because they both always whined when it was time to go to class. Of course as soon as we unenrolled, they are both begging to go again. I really do love this gymnastics center, but it wasn't worth going if they didn't both love doing it.

When kids get control of my phone for selfies....
 (I chose the best ones of the 65 that they took)






Honda has had a habit of servicing my car for 4 hours when they tell me it will only take 1, so when I needed my car serviced, I decided to plan an adventure for us. The dealership is on the same street as one of the big malls, just 8 miles away, making it easy to navigate with public transit, so we took the city bus to the mall.
waiting for the bus! it was actually a really long wait...or maybe just because it was 110 degrees outside it seemed really long.
Finally on the bus! I had no idea how to pay, but eventually figured it out. The 5 of us had quite the adventure! I suggested we take a cab back home because of the really long wait, but Eva and Ella begged to take the bus back. They were devastated when I broke the news that we would be retrieving our car to go home, and wouldn't be taking the bus home.


We went camping in Northern Arizona. It was beautiful! We had a huge campsite to roam around, and the kids just played all day long. It rained shortly after we arrived (and before) which made the weather perfect, if not a teeny bit chilly! Just the respite we needed from the heat in Phoenix.

One of the guys we go with is a hobby photographer- we love all of the photos he takes! He's also an ER doctor and brings a pretty insane first aid 'kit' (or giant duffel bag)...I'd say he's an asset to the camping team.

 

I swear she had a great time, but here we have the death glare!

One of the dads made a scavenger hunt, and here they are about to race to begin!



Ella and CC are growing babies in their tummies. 










you can hardly tell the difference between our photos (the one above) and Cody's (the two below)...makes me wish we had thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment and that little thing called skill!









on the way home we stopped in Flagstaff. We hoped to ride the ski lift up to the top of the mountain but there was lighting so they cancelled the lifts for the time we were there.







Conor came to visit and brought a surprise! Jenna!! They were very happy to see her. Of course I videotaped it and expected shrieks of joy, and instead it was just a bit of confusion and shy hugs. But we just loved having them with us!

Some frozen yogurt before heading home

We had to visit In-n-Out burger, then we headed to the water park (where we would later learn we all caught a stomach virus from the public pool)


and we painted pottery while Conor went to work with Eli.




We planned to do a dive in movie on Friday night but there was so much lightning, they watched that instead.




During the day Saturday Eli took Conor and Jenna up to Sedona.





















Luckily we still had Saturday night to do the dive-in movie. We watched Sandlot, it's such a classic!

Don't goooooo!



No comments:

Post a Comment