Tuesday, June 5, 2012

June things


Eva has been desperately trying to get her hands on baby Katie every time she's at a play date.  Eva's dreams came true - Katie's mommy let her hold her at our house!  I can only imagine how she'll be when baby sister arrives - she was very upset when Katie went back to her mom.   
The moms in our playgroup are having babies left and right.  Every month we have a big sibling to-be party, so I hosted the party this month for our July big sisters to be - there were three of them this month and all expecting brothers!  We had about 17 friends over plus their moms!  The kids had lots of fun playing with Eva's toys, eating snacks and playing outside in the baby pool, and of course torturing the cats.  We have had, and will continue to have at least one baby expected each month for the entire year of 2012!  It's funny because the gender goes in waves, but there are always at least two of the same gender due, before it switches.  I initiated the next girl trend, and now me and the two moms due after me are all expecting our second girl, until the next mom due breaks it up with twin boys (to make it three boys for her!).  Our playgroup will be busy busy!
Do you like Eva's shorts?  Me too, I also liked them in February 2011 when she first wore them at 5 months old (size 3-6 months).  Yep, they still fit!  and are just slightly loose around the waist.  I started getting out all of Eva's baby clothes to inventory what I have for baby girl, and to my surprise, quite a few of them went back into Eva's drawers and closets since they still fit her. 


We have our pergola on the other side of the pool set up!  (Is it called a pergola?)

I know this doesn't look safe...but I was supervising her.  She loves hats, and will use anything to substitute for a hat.  Her favorite 'hats' besides real hats, are her pajama pants and shorts, and apparently if I left plastic bags out more often, those would also be a favorite - don't worry - I won't!
Reagan, Eva and Morgan.  Sitting in the shade of the tree stump at Nick and Janet's baby shower.
Eva and Morgan had sooo much fun being silly in the pool (it was a record chill of only 85 out, so there was no way it was real pool weather!)
Jamie and Janet: two pregnant ladies, with 4 baby boys growing in those bellies!  Janet is in the purple, and the baby shower was for her.  We did a Dr. Seuss theme!  Sarah found Thing 1 and Thing 2 hats and onesies, so we had to build a theme around it.  We had a lot of fun planning and making decorations and food ideas to go with the theme. 
I realize this is the first pregnant picture I've posted of myself this pregnancy!  Wow time flies, I am 24 weeks here!  At this baby shower, we had Janet and Jamie, both pregnant with twins; and me, and three other friends: Rochelle, Lori and Betsy, also pregnant! Me and Rochelle are due on the same day, and Lori and Betsy are due on the same day - and of all these women, only Jamie is in my playgroup that has all the other pregnancies....sooo many babies to be!  I am bummed we didn't get a picture of all of us! 


 This is Eva and her friend, Eli.  We went on a quick Costco run together.  She asks for her Eli (Iyi) about 400 times a day.  I'm not 100% sure that she doesn't also call her dad - Eli as well sometimes, so maybe she's asking for her dad and her friend.

Eva always has to wear her sunglasses in the car or if it's sunny out.  We went to IKEA and somehow on the drive she found a pacifier.  I have no idea how or where she found this, she is not a paci kid since she has her thumb.  I do have them laying around, so I'm wondering if she had it when we got in the car, or put it in my diaper bag at some point, and then was able to reach in there while in the car?  Not really sure...but she decided she was a paci kid while we were in IKEA and I thought it was so funny.

She uses the potty as an excuse to get in extended iPad time, she likes PBS kids, netflix, a few random games, and has recently discovered youtube where she likes to find videos of babies laughing or crying.  If she tries to watch the iPad when she's not on the potty, and I say no not right now, she'll start saying poo-poo and grab it and head to the potty.  She is such a little stinker.


Eva has been choosing her shoes lately.  She chose her furry boots here - at least they matched her shirt!



A few of Eva's 'things' lately:

*She is absolutely obsessed with her babies.  She has two that she is attached to, and has to hold one at all times.  She also needs them in bed with her for naps and bedtime...as well as her duck, elmo, her bear, her sheep, her puppy, her blankets, and her pillow.

*As soon as Eli gets home she starts saying grass, grass, grass.  They go outside to look at the gardens, and then she wants to lay on a towel in the grass in between Eli and me and look at the sky and say "it go?  ohh, night night" (referring to the moon because we've only seen it once or twice and normally we can't see it until late at night after she's in bed, so we always have to tell her it's still sleeping)

*She's been dairy free for a little over a month and her skin has never been better!  She's not red, or itchy and she doesn't have scratch marks all over her body! 

*Eva is a water magnet.  She will sit down and make camp in any puddle any time, anywhere.

That's about it for this blog post!  Uncle Matt comes to town in 3 weeks, and then he will fly with Eva and me back to IL on June 26th!  See you then!   

No comments:

Post a Comment