Thursday, August 31, 2017

August 2017



this video cracks me up, her teeth just make it even funnier!

We had a visit to the Lego Discovery Center before school started. 

they wanted way too many pictures with the lego characters





Pump It Up for Rudy and Owen's Birthday party









Ella made a book, "all about numbers". She says, "I'm trying to do these DIY's, it's what teenagers do".

not really sure here

                      and then school started, not sure if I'm elated or sad...probably a bit of both
This is 'Evelyn'. She doesn't want to wear dresses, she likes black, or grey, or white. She also doesn't like characters on anything. (this was the only day I could get her into a dress sadly). Eva adjusted so well this year, we did not have a 6 month transitional period like we did in Kindergarten, where she couldn't function as a human being after school. This year, she's happy after school, and can go do things without a meltdown, it's like she's real girl!

another dive in movie. summer vacation is over, but summer is definitely still here

Ella had to get a shot, and later Eva must have said something to hurt her feelings. She replied, "I had the worst day ever because I got a shot, and now you're hurting my heart"





And this is Eleanor. She started school a week after Evelyn. The first day she walked in all smiles, hardly looking back as I said goodbye. I picked her up and she had a great report. The second day I had to drag her in to class, she screamed and cried and wouldn't let go of me. I stood outside to be sure she calmed down and it literally took over five minutes. Her teacher said she had a rough day behavior wise too, sprawling over desks, not following the rules, laying on the floor being silly. Luckily she straightened out by day three! Now she loves school again.





our tomato worms turned into moths.

"Ella, two freckles appeared out of nowhere, where did those come from"
Ella, "Maybe I am a strawberry"




Ella took some selfies with Jinxy



It was our anniversary. We were trying to think of something fun to do, and I read about a dress up date. We went to Goodwill and we each had $10 to spend on an outfit for each other. I found a dapper shirt and tie (with ostriches) Eli got me a lovely jacket, and just as we were checking out, we found some fantastic pants to coordinate, but I'll save those for a themed party at another time. 


four peaks looks cool




Ella's first t-ball practice. I said, Ella, we'll have to get you a mitt! She asked, 'why'. She thought tball was hockey one minute, golf the next, and soccer after that. MVP MVP I can just hear it now.

she says, "hurry up and get my water. I'm so dehydrated"
Eva especially loves baseball season because she gets to be even more social. We walk to the park near our house and inevitably someone she knows is playing baseball and other kids she knows are playing around waiting for their game or . their siblings' games. 



We decided to make last minute plans for my birthday and go to OHSO. Typically with our friends, it's not easy to be so spontaneous with kids because people are just bound to already have plans, but somehow we got lucky and had almost 20 people come out! Granted, more than half were kids, but it was a fun time!






We got Lexi again! We love having our rent-a-dog.

They've been watching this kids hip hop video, and Ella has really picked up on some sweet new moves. Piano or music lessons of some sort...coming soon. I really want to get them into a class, I think they'd love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment